Purchasing an instrument
The Carriage House Guarantee
- All Carriage House Violins instruments have a one-year guarantee against defects in materials or workmanship.
- Restoration and repairs completed at Carriage House Violins are guaranteed against defects in materials or workmanship for as long as the purchaser owns the instrument.
- In order to ensure the purchaser's complete satisfaction, Carriage House Violins will exchange any instrument in original condition, regardless of the reason, toward another instrument of like kind and of equal or greater value.
More Advantages of Purchasing from Carriage House Violins
- Our skilled and knowledgeable personnel have years of experience working with customers to help them find the right instrument for each player's tastes, abilities and budget.
- Our instruments are in excellent to mint condition and feature new bridges and soundposts, properly planed fingerboards, and well-fitted pegs.
- All Johnson instruments are reconditioned and adjusted to maintain the value of the instrument.
- We offer a full range of prices to accommodate the needs a wide variety of players, from the beginning student to the professional.
- Written appraisals are included with all instrument purchases.
- Carriage House Violins will accept instruments and wooden bows previously purchased from Carriage House Violins for trade-in from the original purchaser. Instruments and wooden bows will be credited at 100% of the original purchase price, minus a reconditioning fee. Carriage House Violins also accepts trade-ins (from the original purchaser) of carbon fiber and composite bows and rental outfits in good condition; these are credited at 60% of the purchase price. Trade-in instruments or bows in need of repair will be discounted accordingly. Trade-ins can be used towards an instrument or bow, excluding consignments, of the kind that was originally purchased (violin, viola, cello, or bass) and of equal or greater value. Electric instruments and fretted instruments are not eligible for trade. Trade-in credit may not be combined with any rental equity discounts. Due to a change in the federal laws, we are no longer able to accept items with elephant ivory components in trade.
- We welcome home trials to allow the player and teacher time to assess an instrument or bow.
- We now have on-line approval for instrument and bow trials, which can be shipped anywhere in the continental United States.
- As a special bonus for our rental customers, a portion of rental fees paid may be applied toward the purchase of an instrument.*
An instrument trade-in and rental equity may not be used together toward the purchase of one instrument, nor may equity from multiple rental accounts be combined to purchase a single instrument.