Return Policies & Procedures
The Carriage House Violins Guarantee
At Carriage House Violins, we recognize that your musical experience is a top priority to you. As a result, the performance and quality of our products is a top priority to us. Our Johnson Guarantee ensures that you will be completely satisfied with your purchase.
International orders are not eligible for return or refund.
Please be sure to inspect all items thoroughly upon receipt. Carriage House Violins offers 14-day return policy for instruments and bows and a 30-day return policy for all other items starting from the date of purchase*. Items that you wish to return must include all original packaging, instructions, and components, and must be in like-new condition in order to receive a full refund. Incomplete returns will not be accepted.
*Guitar family instruments and electric instruments may be returned in original condition within 30 days of the date of purchase.
Please note the following product-specific policies:
- Please inspect strings carefully before installation. Refunds will not be provided for any strings that have been installed on an instrument. Strings that break within 24 hours of installation may be returned for replacement within 30 days of purchase. Unopened strings may be returned for refund within 30 days of purchase.
- Electric Instruments must be returned in original packaging with all components including cables, headphones, batteries, manuals, etc. Instruments that have been unboxed or used may be subject to a restocking fee at our sole discretion. Instruments with missing or broken components will not be accepted for return.
- Cases must returned with all components and be in like-new condition, or they may be subject to a restocking fee at our sole discretion. If you believe your case may have a manufacturing defect, please contact us at 800-359-9351.
- Sheet Music and book returns are subject to a restocking fee of $1.00 per item, which will be deducted from your refund.
- Instrument fittings such as pegs, bridges, and tailpieces are customized to the instrument upon installation. As such, installed fittings may not be returned unless deemed defective by Carriage House Violins and returned within 30 days of purchase.
- Special order items are not eligible for return.
Special Order Items:
- Fill out the Return Authorization form that was provided with your order, or download a copy here.
- Call us at 800-359-9351 to request a Return Authorization number for any returns or exchanges. At that time, an associate will be able to answer any questions or concerns you may have regarding your return.
- Carefully repack your item(s) with all original packaging, components, and your invoice and Return Authorization form. Be sure to include your Return Authorization number on the outside of the box. You may ship your return back to us using any shipping method that includes insurance and tracking information. Please note: Shipping charges will not be refunded unless authorized by an associate.
A refund will be issued via the original payment method used when the order was placed. Please allow 3-5 business days after we receive your items for your return to be processed.
If you suspect your package was damaged in shipping, please retain all packing materials, document the condition with pictures, and keep the item(s) packed. Please contact us immediately at 800-359-9351 and an associate will arrange to have the carrier inspect and pick up the package. Please note that damaged items without original shipping materials will not be considered for coverage by the carrier and are not eligible for return or refund.
If you believe that an item has been shipped in error, or that an item has a manufacturing defect, please contact us at 800-359-9351 as soon as possible to arrange an exchange.