Edwin Herrmann violin bow
Catalog ID: A-VNB/4750
Edwin Otto Herrmann (1893-1972) was a member of a long-standing German bow making family with roots as far back as the early 18th century. He trained in the workshop of his father, Franz Albert (1868-1960), who worked for the Knopf family in Markneukirchen before setting up his own workshop in Schönlind in 1893. Edwin remained in the family shop in Schönlind throughout his career, and it is here where he trained and worked with his son, Edwin Lothar, until 1960 when the son left to begin his own workshop in Markneukirchen.
Round. Ebony and silver fittings. 4/4